Friday 16th December, 2016
EVA International is seeking a new Director who, building on the success achieved by outgoing Director Woodrow Kernohan, will lead and significantly grow the scale and ambition of Ireland's Biennial.
This is a unique opportunity to make a major contribution to the development and vision of a leading international contemporary art exhibition as it moves into its 40th year.
EVA International leads and champions the production, curation, commissioning and exhibiting of contemporary art in Limerick and Ireland, supporting the creation of new work by Irish and international artists. Currently working towards the 2018 and 2020 editions of the biennial, EVA aims to strengthen its resources, build existing audiences and double its overall audiences figures, making EVA a vital event on the national and international calendar. The 2018 edition of EVA International will be curated by Inti Guerrero (Bogotá/Hong Kong) and will take place from 14 April to 18 July 2018.
The new Director will have overall responsibility for all aspects of EVA International’s work, including biennial programmes, finances, operations, communications, fundraising, and representing the organization in diverse local, national and international contexts.
The Board of Directors is seeking to appoint an engaging leader with a deep understanding of contemporary art practice whose capabilities include:
- - Effectively building and leading the team towards the achievement of EVA’s priorities.
- - Managing the finances and resources of the organization.
- - Developing a world-class sponsorship programme.
- - Developing the awareness of EVA as an important cultural element of the national and local tourism strategy – and significantly increasing its appeal to the general public.
- - Maintaining and increasing EVA’s success in attracting support from international patrons and foundations.
To apply, please send:
- - Comprehensive CV
- - Maximum two page covering letter that describing your interest in this role and how you fulfil the criteria of the position.
- - Contact details of two referees (who would only be contacted if shortlisted).
Closing date: Monday 13 February 2017 at 12pm (GMT)
Interviews: Week starting 27 February 2017