Seeking Curatorial Scholar
Applications are invited for the 2017–2019 EVA International Curatorial Scholarship: MA Practice-Based Research in Curatorial Studies at EVA International in partnership with Limerick School of Art and Design, LIT.
EVA International is offering a Research Postgraduate Scholarship to undertake practice-based research within EVA International – Ireland's Biennial of contemporary art, working closely with the Curator, Director and international artists towards the 38th and 39th editions of EVA International in 2018 and 2020 respectively. The successful candidate will receive a Scholarship to undertake a 2-year MA by Practice-Based Research through Limerick School of Art and Design, LIT based within EVA International. The Scholarship Award will cover Student Fees, a monthly stipend as well as travel and training allowance, provided by EVA International in partnership with Limerick School of Art and Design, LIT.
This scholarship, which has been designed by EVA International and LIT, prioritises practical experience in curatorial studies. The scholar will have the opportunity to work within a team delivering a large-scale international contemporary art biennial. The scholar will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of curating a biennial. The scholar will present their findings in a contextual text of 7,000 to 10,000 words that reflects on the work-based learning undertaken during the curatorial scholarship and frames it within a wider context germane to the project (e.g. curatorial studies, exhibition practice, biennials etc.)
- Master of Arts, 2 years full time
- Fees for 2 years and a stipend to the value of €8000 per annum (students from outside the EU will have part fees paid)
- 35 hours per week required working in the EVA International offices in Limerick City during office hours
Requirements of Candidate
- Level 8 Honours Degree (with a 2:2 Grade or higher), in an appropriate study field is essential
- Applications are welcome from candidates with an Honours Degree in Arts and Humanities, Fine Art, Arts Management or related discipline who can demonstrate a commitment to or interest in working as a curator within the visual arts
- Interest in pursuing postgraduate studies in an area related to visual art and curatorial studies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work at a professional level with academics, curators, artists and peers
- Capacity to work independently
- completed application form (download here)
- cover letter explaining your suitability for the role
- full certified transcript of examination results
- curriculum vitae
- research proposal
If you would like to be informed of any forthcoming opportunities with EVA International please add your contact details to our database for future opportunities.