Terms & Conditions
1. Online application process
A maximum of 1 proposal can be made per individual artist or artist group.
Applications can be made either by proposal for new work, existing work or a combination of both.
Contact details and supporting information must be provided through the online application process.
Supporting materials must be provided through the online application process.
The closing date for receipt of proposals is 31 January 2017. We are accepting late proposals until 12pm (GMT) 28 February. Proposals received after 31 January 2017 will incur a late application charge of €15 in addition to the handling fee.
A non-refundable handling fee of €10 must be paid in order to complete the application process. EVA International is a not-for-profit organization. Handling fees cover the administration costs involved in operating the Open Call.
This Open Call is not open to any full-time employees of EVA International.
2. Selection process
- All proposals will be reviewed by the guest curator.
- The guest curator will decide upon the selection of artists for EVA International. The guest curator's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- EVA International reserves the right to exclude or withdraw any proposal that may expose EVA International or associated organisations to the risk of legal proceedings.
- Selected artists will be notified via email or telephone upon selection. Unselected artists will be notified via email before 31 January 2018.
- Subject to the availability of funding and at the discretion of the guest curator, EVA International will support selected artists by providing production expenses for the realisation of selected proposed new works, transportation expenses of selected existing works to and from Limerick City, Ireland, exhibition fees and travel expenses for selected artists to attend the launch of EVA International on Friday 13 April 2018 in Limerick City, Ireland.
3. Sale, insurance, levies
- All works selected for EVA International will be for sale unless previously specified.
- The price/value indicated during the application process will be provided as the sale price except by prior arrangement with EVA International.
- The price/value specified during the application process should include EVA International’s commission of 25%.
- All works selected for EVA International will be insured except through prior arrangement between EVA International and the artist. The price/value indicated during the application process will be provided as the insurance value except by prior arrangement with EVA International.
- Artists are themselves responsible for any VAT charge levied on imported works
Please note: EVA International is a not-for-profit organisation. Any income generated supports selected artists and contributes directly to the production, travel, accommodation, transportation and exhibition budgets.
- Copyright remains the property of the artist.
- By making proposals via the online application process you confirm that you hold all intellectual property rights in the application and that it will not infringe the copyright or any other intellectual property rights of any person.
- By making an application you confirm that you have obtained prior written approval for the use in your proposed work of any copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party that is included in your proposed work.
- By making an application you agree that if your proposal is selected any images of your proposed work and any accompanying materials you submit may be used by EVA International and associated organisations, without payment of any fee or royalty, for the production and promotion of EVA International, including websites, publications and promotional materials.
5. Return of unselected works
- Online application materials will not be returned to artists. Digital files will be stored as part of the EVA International resource for future guest Curators and researchers.
- By making this application you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- If you are under the age of 18, you confirm that your parent or guardian has consented to your participation in this application process in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- You confirm that EVA International and associated organisations may process any personal data you provide to organise and select EVA International and for each of the purposes for which your work may be used, as outlined above.
You confirm that EVA International and the associated organisations shall have no liability whatsoever for any losses or costs incurred by you, or liability arising from, the application of your work and entry into the Open Call, including any loss of your work by EVA International or any failure of EVA International to be able to process your work because of technical issues.